As a Reboot Team Member – including all employees, contractors, vendors, guests, and clients– I will…
SECTION 1: PERSONAL CONDUCT
- Conduct myself in accordance with this Reboot Code of Conduct in all interactions, including coaching, facilitating, in conversations with Reboot clients and potential Reboot clients, as well as Reboot employees, vendors, and other coaches.
- Commit to take the appropriate action including contacting a Reboot employee or Reboot’s Independent HR Consultant (firstname.lastname@example.org) to address any ethics violation or possible breach as soon as I become aware, whether it involves me or others.
- Communicate and create awareness in others, including clients, sponsors, coaches, vendors, and employees who might need to be informed of the responsibilities established by this Code.
- Adhere to, abide by, and embody the “What is a Reboot Coach?” and “What is a Reboot Client?” ethos.
- Acknowledge and will abide by the “Reboot Anti-Harassment & Discrimination Policy.”
- Refrain from unlawful discrimination in occupational activities, including race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, neuro(a)typicality, veteran status, physical appearance, or marital status.
- Make verbal and written statements that are true and accurate about what I offer as a Reboot Team Member, the coaching profession, as well as Reboot services and offerings.
- Accurately identify my qualifications, expertise, experience, training, certifications, and credentials when asked.
- Recognize and honor the efforts and contributions of others and only claim ownership of my own material. I understand that violating this standard may leave me in conflict with my contracts with Reboot and subject to legal remedy by a third party.
- Strive at all times to recognize personal issues that may impair, conflict with, or interfere with my performance or my professional relationships with Reboot and Reboot Team Members, clients, or vendors. I will promptly report the situation to my supervisor and also seek the relevant professional assistance and determine the action to be taken, including whether it is appropriate to suspend or terminate my professional relationship(s) whenever the facts and circumstances necessitate.
- Recognize that this Reboot Code of Conduct applies to my relationship with Reboot and all work and services contracted by and through Reboot.
- Keep all shared Reboot files and resources confidential and prevent such files from being shared with people and organizations outside of Reboot unless otherwise authorized by Reboot.
- Maintain, store, and dispose of any records, including electronic files and communications that were created or that I was given access to while affiliated with Reboot, in a manner that promotes confidentiality, security, and privacy and complies with any applicable laws and agreements.
- Use Reboot coach, facilitator, partner, employee, and client contact information (email addresses, telephone numbers, and so on) only in the manner and to the extent authorized by Reboot.
SECTION 2: CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
- Acknowledge and abide by the “Reboot Conflict of Interest and Investment Policy.”
- Refer all coaching, facilitation, assessment, and Reboot-work related inquiries from Reboot clients to Reboot.
- Will not seek to sell outside products and services to Reboot clients without the express permission of Reboot.
- Honor equitable relationships, regardless of the amount of compensation contracted with a client or vendor.
SECTION 3: PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT WITH CLIENTS
- Consistently work in support of Reboot clients in ways that are in the best interest of the client.
- Ethically speak what I know to be true to clients, prospective clients, or company sponsors (those paying for our services) about the potential value of the coaching process, of me as a coach or Reboot Team Member, and/or Reboot products, services, and offerings.
- Carefully explain and strive to ensure that, prior to or at the initial meeting, the client and sponsor(s) understand the nature of coaching, the nature and limits of confidentiality, financial arrangements, and any other terms of the Reboot client agreement.
- Ensure and enable a signed Reboot contract/agreement is in place before beginning work with a client, and I will honor the signed contract throughout the coaching relationship.
- Hold responsibility for being aware of and setting clear, appropriate, and culturally sensitive boundaries that govern interactions, physical or otherwise, I may have with my clients, sponsors, vendors, and other Reboot Team Members.
- Avoid any sexual or romantic relationship with current Reboot employees, independent contractors, clients, sponsors, or any mentees or supervisees I work with inside or outside of Reboot (since, as a representative of Reboot, any such relationship could be construed as approved by Reboot). If I find myself in such a relationship, I will disclose the situation as soon as possible to Reboot’s Independent HR Support. I am aware that one or both of us may be moved to a different department, reassigned, or other actions may be taken.
- Respect the client’s right to terminate the coaching relationship at any point during the process, subject to the provisions of the agreement. I shall remain alert to indications that there is a shift in the value received from the coaching relationship.
- Encourage the client or sponsor to make a change if I believe the client or sponsor would be better served by another resource and suggest the client seek the services of other professionals when deemed necessary or appropriate.
SECTION 4: CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVACY
- Have a clear agreement about how information will be exchanged among coach, client, and sponsor. Reboot’s typical client agreement states that no information will be shared with the sponsor. If an information-sharing arrangement is requested by the sponsor and/or client, Reboot may choose to accommodate under specific guidelines agreed by all involved.
- Maintain the strictest levels of confidentiality with all client and sponsor information unless release is required by a valid court order or subpoena; when reporting is mandated as in instances of child abuse or neglect; or when there is a danger to that individual or others.
- Where I reasonably believe that confidentiality exceptions appropriately apply, I will immediately inform my supervisor, and I understand that I may need to inform appropriate authorities.
SECTION 5: CONTINUING DEVELOPMENT (FOR COACHES)
- Commit to continued and ongoing development of my professional skills.
- In recognition of my responsibility to show up as my best self for my clients, I understand that Reboot strongly encourages me to arrange to receive regular support through one or more of the following avenues: coaching, coach supervision, and/or therapy.
SECTION 6: THE REBOOT PLEDGE OF ETHICS
- As a Reboot Team Member, I acknowledge and agree to honor my ethical and legal obligations to Reboot’s clients and sponsors, employees, vendors, contractors, colleagues, and to the public at large. I pledge to comply with this Reboot Code of Conduct and to practice these standards with those whom I interact under the Reboot umbrella or on behalf of Reboot.
- If I breach this Pledge of Ethics or any part of this Reboot Code of Conduct, I agree that Reboot in its sole discretion may hold me accountable for so doing. I further agree that my accountability to Reboot for any breach may include sanctions, such as loss of employment or affiliation.